Our family-owned, locally-based arbor care company is aggressive in battling the lethal fungal tree disease known as oak wilt! We have provided superior quality tree care services to the residents throughout Acton, Texas, and the DFW metroplex for several decades now! Our highly experienced owner, tree care expert, ISA Certified Arborist, tree doctor, tree care professionals, and plant pathologist are encountering this deadly oak tree disease in record-breaking numbers! Our established Acton, Texas neighborhoods are graced with many majestic oak trees so the multitude of oak trees that have died from this lethal, quick-spreading fungal tree disease is blatantly obvious! No oak variety is safe from oak wilt; however, the favored targets are live oak trees and the majestic Shumard red oak. Because our area has lost literally hundreds of oak trees from this deadly tree disease, do not delay in contacting us if your oak tree is not looking well! Call the best arborist in Acton, Texas at (817) 799-7808 and schedule our ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist to come out and assess the health of your prized oak tree!
Oak Wilt Identification In Acton, TX
This fungal tree disease stops the vascular system of the tree from dispersing nutrients and water throughout the tree branches and foliage; therefore, it is of utmost importance that you contact our experienced tree care company immediately when your tree first begins to exhibit a weak unhealthy appearance. Visible signs that you should watch for include premature defoliation and a thinning canopy. The common discoloration of infected oak foliage ranges from yellow tones to brownish shades. If your tree is a red oak tree, it will develop an overall reddish appearance to the leaves. Due to the rapid destruction of your tree if it has oak wilt, contact the best arborist and tree care company in Acton, Texas, and request a diagnostic evaluation. Laboratory testing is necessary to confirm oak wilt infection. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 if you suspect that your prized oak tree might be infected with oak wilt!
How Oak Wilt Spreads
Oak wilt is a highly infectious fungal tree destroyer and spreads rapidly throughout your residential grounds by means of excessive insect activity or from the root systems of infected trees that have become entangled. This deadly tree disease is responsible for killing over one million stately oak trees throughout Acton, Texas, and the DFW metroplex! We cannot stress enough how critical it is that you contact us at (817) 799-7808 and request that our ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist evaluate the health of your oak tree and test the tree to see if it is infected with oak wilt! If your tree is indeed infected, you have no time to lose!
How To Manage Oak Wilt
Without a doubt, the best way to manage a serious tree disease like oak wilt is to take a proactive approach and do what is necessary to prevent your tree from getting oak wilt in the first place! Be sure to schedule your free consultation with our highly-experienced tree care expert and ISA Certified Arborist! You will be presented with tree health care treatments that we offer and our tree experts will advise you on what is best suited for your particular trees and residential grounds. Be sure to call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your free consultation!
Oak Wilt Treatment In Acton, TX
Without a doubt, the best way to ensure that your valuable oak tree never becomes infected with oak wilt is to take a proactive approach! If your tree is officially diagnosed with oak wilt, prompt removal and destruction of all dead and infected trees by our experienced tree care company must be enacted right away! Old oak firewood should never be stored after the spring season and should always be removed and destroyed by a tree care expert!
Similar Tree Diseases
Whether you own a home or are a business owner here in Acton, Texas, it is of huge importance that you are aware of the most common tree diseases in our region. First and foremost is oak wilt; however, hypoxylon canker can destroy oak trees rapidly, along with other tree varieties. Bacterial leaf scorch is a rare oak tree destroyer that is caused by bacteria instead of fungus! Although typically targeting small fruit tree varieties, fire blight is extremely common and will quickly spread to your healthy trees if preventative measures are not taken. Remember, always contact the best arborist in Acton, Texas to aid you in combatting destructive tree diseases and ensuring that your trees remain healthy and strong! Contact us today at (817) 799-7808!
- Actinopelte Leaf Spot: Known also as Tubakia, this occurs on many varieties of oak trees but is most prevalent in red oak trees.
- Bacterial Leaf Scorch: Affecting all oak tree varieties, spots appear on foliage that looks as if the oak tree has been burned. Laboratory testing is required for definite confirmation.
- Biscogniauxia (Hypoxylon) Canker: Hypoxylon Canker is an extremely destructive fungal disease that targets trees that are already weakened.
- Leaf Disease Outbreaks Across Texas: Fungal oak leaf disease outbreaks are largely due to excessive rainfall and cooler than normal temperatures during the spring season.
- Oak Leaf Blister: During cool spring weather, nearly all oak varieties are subject to this fungal disease that causes raised, circular spots on the oak tree leaf surfaces.
- Sudden Oak Death: First reported in 1995, this quick-spreading lethal tree disease is caused by a water mold pathogen and has destroyed over one million oak trees throughout Texas!
- Rapid Oak Decline: The rapid decline of Savannah post oak trees is the result of weather extremes of drought and heavy rainfall! This act of nature makes these trees vulnerable to cankers, root rot, and infestation by wood-boring insects.
- Fall Webworm: One of the most common foliage-feeding caterpillars in our region is the white moth in its immature stage.
- Oak Leaf Rollers: First, this moth species eat young leaves and tree buds. After this, the moth rolls them together with spun silk.
- Sap Eating Bore Beetle: Feeding upon the tree branches and roots, these are some of the most destructive insects to your trees.
Tree Care in Acton, TX
In addition to the above-stated tree diseases and insect pests that can damage and destroy your oak trees, the following diseases, insect pests, and weather-related events can be harmful to your valuable tree! When your tree is not looking well, you have noticed excessive insect activity, or have been subjected to extreme weather conditions, call the best arborist in Acton, Texas! Contact us today at (817) 799-7808!
- Ball Moss
- Construction Damage
- Herbicide Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Live Oak Leaf Drop
- Post-Oak Issues
- Severe Drought
Commercial & Residential Oak Wilt Treatment
Contact the best arborist and tree care company in Acton, Texas immediately if you suspect that your oak tree is suffering from a serious tree disease! The sooner that you take action and treatment is administered, the greater your chances are that your prized oak tree will survive! Once your oak tree has been examined by our highly experienced owner and ISA Certified Arborist and our plant pathologist has confirmed oak wilt infection, a customized plan developed specifically for your tree and your residential grounds will be put into action! There are numerous ways to protect your valuable oak trees and our owner and plant pathologist will present these options to you. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your free consultation with our highly experienced owner and tree expert!