Here at our family-owned, locally-based tree service company, we have been aggressively battling the deadly fungal tree disease known as oak wilt! We have provided superior quality tree care services to the fine residents in Colleyville, Texas, and the DFW metroplex region for several decades! Our ISA Certified Arborist, tree doctor, tree surgeon, plant pathologist, and tree care professionals are encountering this lethal tree disease in record-breaking numbers!
We are proud of our established neighborhoods here in Colleyville, Texas, and the statuesque oak trees that grace our residential grounds; therefore, it is blatantly obvious that literally hundreds of Shumard red oaks and live oak trees, as well as many other oak varieties, have been destroyed by oak wilt! If you notice that your valuable oak tree seems to be declining, do not delay in contacting us! Call the best arborist in Colleyville, Texas at (817) 799-7808 and request for our ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist to come out and assess the health of your oak tree!
Oak Wilt Identification In Colleyville, TX
Oak wilt is a deadly tree disease of fungal origin that shuts down the vascular system of the oak tree, preventing it from dispersing water and nutrients throughout the foliage and tree branches. Because of this, it is extremely important to contact an experienced tree care company with an ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist immediately when you first notice that your tree is exhibiting a weak, unhealthy appearance. Signs you should be watching for include premature defoliation and a thinning canopy. Ailing red oak trees will develop an overall reddish color to the leaves. Frequently, discoloration of infected foliage will range from yellow to brownish tones. Because trees infected with oak wilt usually die quickly, contact the best arborist and tree company in Colleyville, Texas, and request a diagnostic evaluation. Laboratory testing is necessary to confirm oak wilt presence. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 if you suspect that your valuable oak tree is infected with oak wilt disease!
How Oak Wilt Spreads
This fungal oak tree destroyer is highly infectious and spreads swiftly throughout your outdoor grounds through insect activity and entangled root systems of infected trees. Oak wilt spreads rapidly and infected trees often die in just a few months or less. We cannot stress how deadly oak wilt is! It is responsible for killing over one million stately oak trees throughout Colleyville, Texas, the DFW metroplex region, and North and Central Texas. If you value your oak trees, it is of prime importance that you contact us at (817) 799-7808 and request that our ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist examine your oak tree and test the tree to see if it indeed has been infected with oak wilt! Remember, you have no time to lose if your tree is infected with oak wilt!
How To Manage Oak Wilt in Colleyville
Without a doubt, the best way to manage a lethal tree disease like oak wilt is to prevent this from ever happening to your tree in the first place! Take a proactive approach and schedule a free consultation with our highly experienced tree care expert and ISA Certified Arborist. They will present to you the tree care health treatments that we offer and advise you what is best suited for your particular trees and residential grounds. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your complimentary consultation!
Oak Wilt Treatment In Colleyville, TX
If the laboratory tests verify that your tree indeed has oak wilt, immediately removing and destroying all dead and infected trees by an experienced tree company must be enacted promptly. Vast tree removal experience by this tree company is a must! Tree removal is dangerous work! Never store old oak firewood after the spring season and it must be removed and destroyed by a tree care professional. Do not attempt this yourself! When in doubt, always contact the best arborist and tree care company in Colleyville, Texas, and call us at (817) 799-7808!
Similar Tree Diseases
Whether you own a home or you are a business owner in Colleyville, Texas, you must be aware of the most common tree diseases in our region. Oak wilt is the most destructive tree disease by far! Hypoxylon canker also destroys oak trees quickly, along with other oak and tree varieties. Bacterial leaf scorch is unsightly and causes the foliage on your tree to look as if it has been burned. Usually targeting fruit tree varieties, fire blight is extremely common and will rapidly spread to your healthy trees if you do not take preventative measures! Remember, always contact the best arborist in Colleyville, Texas to advise and aid you in battling deadly tree diseases and ensuring that your trees remain healthy and strong. Contact us today at (817) 799-7808!
- Actinopelte Leaf Spot: Frequently called Tubakia, this disease may occur on many varieties of oak trees; however, it occurs most often in red oak trees.
- Bacterial Leaf Scorch: The foliage of the oak tree exhibits spots and the leaves appear like they have been burned. Lab testing is required to confirm bacterial leaf scorch disease.
- Biscogniauxia (Hypoxylon) Canker: This dangerous and extremely deadly fungal tree disease targets trees that are already weak and vulnerable.
- Leaf Disease Outbreaks Across Texas: Extreme weather conditions such as cooler than average temperatures and excessive rainfall during the spring months can trigger fungal oak leaf disease outbreaks.
- Oak Leaf Blister: Most oak varieties are prone to infection by this fungal tree disease that causes circular, raised spots on foliage during cool spring weather.
- Sudden Oak Death: Since it first was reported in 1995, millions of oak trees throughout Texas have died from this quick-spreading lethal tree disease that is caused by a water mold pathogen.
- Rapid Oak Decline: Weather extremes such as heavy rainfall and drought have made Savannah post oak trees vulnerable to root rot, cankers, and wood-boring insects
- Fall Webworm: Very common in our north Texas region, this foliage feeding caterpillar is a white moth in its immature stage
- Oak Leaf Rollers: This moth species feeds upon tree buds and young leaves and ten rolls them together with its spun silk
- Sap Eating Bore Beetle: Some of the most destructive insects to your trees are these beetles that feed upon the tree branches and roots
Besides the above-stated tree diseases and insect pests that can damage and destroy your valuable oak trees, the following tree diseases, pests, and weather-related events can be harmful to your prized trees. If your tree is not looking well, you have observed insect activity or you have been subjected to extreme weather conditions, call the best arborist and tree care company in Colleyville, Texas! Contact us today at (817) 799-7808!
- Ball Moss
- Construction Damage
- Herbicide Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Live Oak Leaf Drop
- Post-Oak Issues
- Sever Drought
Commercial & Residential Oak Wilt Treatment
If you suspect that your valuable oak tree is suffering from a tree disease, do not take chances! Contact the best arborist in Colleyville, Texas immediately! The sooner that you take action and have treatment administered to your tree, the greater your chances that your prized oak tree will survive! Once your oak tree has been examined by our ISA Certified Arborist and our plant pathologist has confirmed oak wilt infection, a personalized plan of action will be developed exclusively for your tree and your residential grounds. There are numerous ways to protect your valuable oak trees and our ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist will present these options to you. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your free consultation with our ISA Certified Arborist and tree care expert!