For more than three decades, our locally-based, family-owned company has provided superior quality tree care services to the fine residents in Duncanville, Texas, and throughout the cities in the DFW metroplex area! Our owner and highly-experienced tree expert, ISA Certified Arborist, tree doctor, tree care professionals, and plant pathologist are actively battling this lethal fungal tree disease known as oak wilt! Here in Duncanville, Texas, our established neighborhoods are enhanced by many statuesque oak trees; therefore, the multitude of beautiful oak trees that have been killed by oak wilt is blatantly obvious!
No oak tree variety is safe from oak wilt; however, it favors live oak trees and the majestic Shumard red oak. Because these oak tree varieties flourish throughout Duncanville, Texas, and the DFW metroplex region, many established neighborhoods in Duncanville, Texas have lost hundreds of valuable oak trees due to infection from oak wilt! If you notice that your prized oak tree seems to be declining in health, do not delay in contacting us! Call the best arborist in Duncanville, Texas at (817) 799-7808 and request that our owner, ISA Certified Arborist and plant pathologist come out and assess the health of your valuable oak tree!
Oak Wilt Identification In Duncanville, TX
A fungal pathogen, oak wilt is a lethal tree disease that shuts down the vascular system of your beautiful oak tree. Once infected by oak wilt, your tree is prevented from dispersing nutrients and water throughout the foliage and branches; therefore, it is of utmost importance that you contact our experienced tree company immediately if your prized tree begins to exhibit an unhealthy, weak appearance. Signs to be watched for include a thinning canopy and premature defoliation. Usually, discoloration of infected leaves will range from yellow shades to brownish tones. If your tree is red oak, it will develop an overall reddish color to the leaves. Due to the swift destruction of your tree from oak wilt, contact the best arborist and tree care company in Duncanville, Texas, and request a diagnostic evaluation. For firm confirmation of oak wilt, laboratory testing is required. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 if you suspect that your prized oak tree is infected with oak wilt disease!
How Oak Wilt Spreads
This oak tree destroyer is highly-infectious and spreads rapidly throughout your residential grounds by means of excessive insect activity and entangled root systems of infected trees. Oak wilt spreads swiftly and infected trees may literally die in just a few months or less! Oak wilt is responsible for killing over one million stately oak trees throughout Duncanville, Texas and the DFW metroplex area, and the surrounding cities! We cannot convey how critical it is that you contact us at (817) 799-7808 and request that our owner and highly-experienced tree expert examine your tree! Request that our plant pathologist tests your tree to see if your tree is indeed infected with oak wilt! Remember, you have no time to lose if your tree is infected with oak wilt!
How To Manage Oak Wilt
Without a doubt, the best way to manage a serious tree disease like oak wilt, or any other tree issue, is to prevent these tree problems from ever happening in the first place! Always take a proactive approach rather than a reactive response! Schedule a free consultation with our owner and highly-experienced tree expert and ISA Certified Arborist! You will be presented with the tree health care treatments that we provide and you will be advised what is best suited for your particular trees and outdoor grounds. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your complimentary consultation!
Oak Wilt Treatment In Duncanville, TX
If the laboratory tests do confirm that your prized oak tree definitely has oak wilt, immediate removal and destruction of all dead and infected trees by our experienced tree company must be enacted quickly. Never store old oak firewood and any old firewood must be removed and destroyed by our tree care professionals. Never attempt this dangerous, difficult job yourself, and do not hire outside contract workers! When in doubt, always contact the best arborist and tree care company in Duncanville, Texas, and call us at (817) 799-7808!
Similar Tree Diseases
No matter if you own a home or are a business owner in Duncanville, Texas, it is very important that you are aware of the most common serious tree diseases in our city. Without a doubt, the most destructive is oak wilt! Hypoxylon canker is deadly and dangerous and destroys oak trees swiftly, as well as many other tree varieties. Bacterial infection can cause bacterial leaf scorch! Most often targeting fruit tree varieties, fire blight is extremely common and will spread quickly to your healthy trees if you do not take preventative measures! Remember, never take chances when it comes to the health of your valuable living investments! Always contact the best arborist and tree care company in Duncanville, Texas to advise and aid you in combatting deadly tree diseases! We will ensure that your trees remain strong and healthy! Contact us today at (817) 799-7808!
- Actinopelte Leaf Spot: Known also as Tubakia, this disease can occur on many varieties of oak trees; however, it is most frequently seen in red oak trees.
- Bacterial Leaf Scorch: Unsightly spots appear on oak tree foliage that looks as if the oak tree leaves have been burned. Laboratory testing is required for definite confirmation.
- Biscogniauxia (Hypoxylon) Canker: This extremely dangerous, deadly fungal tree disease targets oak trees that are already weak and unhealthy.
- Leaf Disease Outbreaks Across Texas: Excessive rainfall and cooler than average temperatures during the spring season can trigger fungal oak leaf disease outbreaks.
- Oak Leaf Blister: Nearly all oak tree varieties are susceptible to invasion by this fungal pathogen. It causes circular, raised unsightly spots on oak tree foliage during cooler spring weather.
- Sudden Oak Death: First reported in 1995, this rapid-spreading deadly tree disease is caused by a water mold pathogen. It has destroyed millions of oak trees throughout Texas.
- Rapid Oak Decline: Weather extremes such as drought and heavy rainfall have made Savannah post oak trees vulnerable to cankers, root rot, and wood-boring insects.
- Fall Webworm: This foliage-feeding caterpillar is common in Duncanville, Texas. The immature stage of this caterpillar is the white moth.
- Oak Leaf Rollers: This moth species first eats the tree buds and young leaves. After this, it rolls them together with spun silk.
- Sap Eating Bore Beetle: These beetles are some of the most damaging to your trees, as they feed upon the tree roots and branches.
- Ball Moss
- Construction Damage
- Herbicide Damage
- Lightning Damage
- Live Oak Leaf Drop
- Post-Oak Issues
- Severe Drought
Commercial & Residential Oak Wilt Treatment
Are you suspicious that your prized oak tree may be suffering from oak wilt? Contact the best arborist and tree care company in Duncanville, Texas immediately! The sooner that you take action and have treatment administered if your tree is indeed sick, the greater your chances are that your valuable oak tree will survive! Once your tree has been examined by our owner and tree expert and our plant pathologist has verified the presence of oak wilt, a customized plan of action will be developed exclusively for your tree and your residential grounds. There are numerous ways to guard the health of your valuable trees and our owner and tree expert and our plant pathologist will present these options to you. Call us today at (817) 799-7808 and schedule your free consultation with our owner and tree care expert!